Friday, December 01, 2006

Day two hundred sixteen.


It's the first of December and Adeline is officially ready to begin the celebration of her first Christmas season. She loves to look at our Christmas tree dancing to Christmas tunes. Her favorite is the Sufjan Stevens box set. I tried playing her some music from 99.9 but she got sick of hearing John Lennon's "Happy Christmas", Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad", and Burl Ives songs over and over.

She has become quite mobile in the last few days. We are going to have to childproof some of the gifts under the tree. I am not too worried about her opening them; it's the drool I fear.

6 comments:

the Painters said...

Alec's walking and I'm worried about him being tall enough to grab some fur off the tree pull. Timmmmmmmber!

the Painters said...

I mean, off the tree. Not off the tree pull. What's a tree pull? I don't know. Never heard of one.

David said...

By the way, I listened to Sufjan Stevens... I like it - it's a different sound than a lot of other Christmas songs renditions.

Wait a second. Is that book in the picture tell the same story you have lead us to be your Christmas socks story?

Col said...

No, this is a totally different story.

Carlos said...

Looks like you got a real cracker-jack Christmas girl there Colman and Aubrey.

Cameron said...

Cotton Balls - lots of them. They can help control the drool. Ask Dad, he just had a wisdom tooth removed. Cotton Balls may do the trick. Don't use too many though.