Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day one hundred fifty-two.

When I first decided to quit posting daily, I thought that it would be easy to think of stuff to say if I only posted every now and then. I was wrong.

I really can't think of anything post-worthy that has happened as of late. Adeline is still doing well. She is starting to feed herself and practice her somersaults. Oh, I almost forgot, she won a spelling bee last week and is a shoe-in for the debate club. I guess she is really advanced for her age.


She usually likes it when I hold her upside-down for a few seconds. She started to get impatient because this photograph took awhile (dead batteries or something). Sometimes I wonder what she is thinking in certain situations. Here is a brief list of things that she may or may not have been thinking during this photo-op:

1. Why is Dad still turning me upside-down?
2. Why is Mom taking a picture of Dad turning me upside-down?
3. Can't they just let me go to sleep?
4. Why haven't they touched up paint on ceiling corners yet?
5. Why is Dad still wearing his sunglasses at 7 P.M.?
6. Why are they watching a Bette Midler interview on T.V.?

Just for the record, we were in between stations and Bette Midler happened to be on during a commercial.

*I may have exaggerated how advanced Adeline is. She got second place in the spelling bee.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Addie...I know why they were watching Bette Midler. That is what was on after watching Project Runway. I had to listen to Nathan singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" in his soprano voice. Be grateful they just turned you upside down.

P.S. It's about time you posted again Colman. I Almost took you off my links list. Just kidding.

P.P.S. Sorry for the novel

Col said...

Don't worry about the novel, I like comments.

Why haven't I ever heard Nathan's soprano voice? I am sure he has heard mine.

Aubrey said...

Some of you may recall Col and Troy's very high voices singing:

"Kiss me out of the bearded barley, nightly, beside the green green grass.
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step, you wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.
Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight, lead me out on the moonlit floor.
Lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fire flies dance,
silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me."

Carlos said...

You "sopranos" don't wear those viking horn headpieces when you sing do you?

Col said...

We would if we had some. The next best thing is this.

the Painters said...

I done killed me a rabbit