I will let Aubrey fill you in on most of the details. She surprised me by setting up a meeting with Greg Allen at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. For those of you who don't know, Greg writes the Daddy Types blog. He showed us some really cool stuff including a secret entrance to the museum, and shared some behind the scenes NYC information. He also presented me with a limited edition Daddy Type T-shirt. Thanks again, Greg.
We brought back a few souvenirs for Addie to play with. Her favorite so far is the little pocket image viewer that the Metropolitan gift shop sells. I think she likes it because it is red.
We also brought her the book Make Way for Ducklings that we found at the Old North Church in Boston where the lanterns were hung (one if by land, two if by sea). I remember reading this book as a kid. It is about a family of ducks in Boston. Maybe she will appreciate it more in a few years.
Adeline was excited to see us last night. We spoke to her on the phone a few times while we were gone. When she heard our voices she would look around the room to find us and then try to eat the phone.
She is officially crawling all over the place. No more army crawl.
While she is very glad to have us back and to be home playing with her toys, Addie would like to thank all of her grandparents for playing with her this week and for making this trip for mom and dad possible.
2 comments:
Pretty soon you're going to have to stop counting Addie's age by just days; and instead maybe "1 year and two weeks" or something. Or else she's going to tell her kindergarten teacher "I'm one thousand nine hundred and twenty days old!" Which would be wierd.
I have to admit... I am a little disappointed she no longer performs the army crawl. It was a treasure while it lasted.
Post a Comment